Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 26 April 2024, 05:53:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Bell Canada router/modem Home Hub 2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bell Canada router/modem Home Hub 2000  (Read 16071 times)
misurex

« on: Sunday 02 November 2014, 09:06:40 am »

Hi to all,

Yesterday the Bell guy had installed an optical line to my house. I have the Fibe TV and Internet. My Endian Firewall (3.0) ceased working after that ... is there any solution to used it, I read that it is possible with another router (but a solution without the TV).

Many thanks.
karamanr

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 November 2014, 01:52:59 pm »

Is your new Bell router in bridged mode?
bbertrand007

« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 December 2014, 12:12:52 pm »

I'm the other way around - just trying EFW and recently went with Bell.  Its my first time using an ISP forced router.  First, you MUST use this device.  Second, you will not receive ANY doc on the device.  You must contact Bell level 1.  Level 1 does not know what Port Forward is.  You will then go to level 2 - they've heard the term Port Forward - they don't know what it is, but hey...............Bell Fibe is from a support point of view BLEEDING edge.    I contacted SAGEMCOM - manufacturer of the combo Modem/Router/Switch/TV box - it is proprietary to Bell and then won't give you any doc.  I've written a doc that I'm sending to Bell complaining about a list of things.

So now that we've gotten the YOU MUST USE OUR DEVICE BUT ITS A SECRET and OUR PEOPLE CAN'T SUPPORT IT...............

Bell won't tell you how to put the router into bridged mode.  I've heard rumors and they vary, so I don't want to repeat them.  And if what I did doesn't work, you have to call Bell since I don't know how to put it back into non-bridged mode.

Depending on what you are doing, the only thing you may need to do is:

http: //192.168.2.1 - click on Advanced View, scroll down to Network Settings - click on Advanced Settings, enter your password, click on DMZ, select your router's IP address/device in the list and click on ADD, then save.  All unsolicited traffic will be forwarded to YOUR router.  Not really DMZ, but ...........  

Sorry, that is all I know.  If Bell doesn't start co-operating with some doc and/or someone who knows what a port forward is, I may leave Bell.  

I've heard that if you do BRIDGE the Sagemcom 5250 (what Bell calls the Home Hub 2000), that TV will not work........................
bbertrand007

« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 December 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

I'm the other way around - just trying EFW and recently went with Bell.  Its my first time using an ISP forced router.  First, you MUST use this device.  Second, you will not receive ANY doc on the device.  You must contact Bell level 1.  Level 1 does not know what Port Forward is.  You will then go to level 2 - they've heard the term Port Forward - they don't know what it is, but hey...............Bell Fibe is from a support point of view BLEEDING edge.    I contacted SAGEMCOM - manufacturer of the combo Modem/Router/Switch/TV box - it is proprietary to Bell and then won't give you any doc.  I've written a doc that I'm sending to Bell complaining about a list of things.

So now that we've gotten the YOU MUST USE OUR DEVICE BUT ITS A SECRET and OUR PEOPLE CAN'T SUPPORT IT...............

Bell won't tell you how to put the router into bridged mode.  I've heard rumors and they vary, so I don't want to repeat them.  And if what I did doesn't work, you have to call Bell since I don't know how to put it back into non-bridged mode.

Depending on what you are doing, the only thing you may need to do is:

192.168.2.1 - click on Advanced View, scroll down to Network Settings - click on Advanced Settings, enter your password, click on DMZ, select your router's IP address/device in the list and click on ADD, then save.  All unsolicited traffic will be forwarded to YOUR router.  Not really DMZ, but ...........  

Sorry, that is all I know.  If Bell doesn't start co-operating with some doc and/or someone who knows what a port forward is, I may leave Bell.  

I've heard that if you do BRIDGE the Sagemcom 5250 (what Bell calls the Home Hub 2000), that TV will not work........................
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.