Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 12:17:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Where is the file of the configuration of the network?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is the file of the configuration of the network?  (Read 15293 times)
bug.0

« on: Thursday 16 October 2014, 01:57:42 pm »

Hi guys. I like create a virtual interface of network in Endian, but I don't find the file of the configuration of the network. Somebody know where is this file?. I searched in the directories of Endian but i didn't found it. Also I did searched in the forum, but I didn't found it

Anyway, change the file of the configuration of the network is the best method for create a virtual interface of network?. This can produce fails in the firewall?.

Sorry if I haven't explained good, or the possible mistakes grammatical.
juddyjacob

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 October 2014, 04:20:05 pm »

not sure what you are trying to do, but check out

/var/efw/ethernet/settings
/var/efw/ethernet/br0

also you can search like so "find / -name br0"

might help you find what you are looking for, but if you are trying to setup VLans, you can do it right from the console, again, not really sure what you are trying to do.
bug.0

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 October 2014, 04:46:45 pm »

Thanks for answer, but I haven't found the file yet. The file that I search is "/etc/network/interfaces" if this S.O was Debian, or  "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts" if was RedHat.

I want create a interface virtual, add a second ip address to interface physical.
juddyjacob

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 October 2014, 05:38:13 pm »

Pretty sure Endian is based off of RedHat, but anyway, I am assuming you want to do more than just duel IP the interface, which can be done from the network > interface tab. Or system > network configuration.  That's about all I can add , sorry
bug.0

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 October 2014, 06:32:35 pm »

I'll try it more later. Thanks again Smiley.
bug.0

« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 October 2014, 03:50:07 pm »

Doesn't work. I need the virtual interface of network before of start configuration. If I have only one interface of network, I can't close the configuration of network, as I need one interface for green zone and other interface for red zone.

My real idea is install Endian in XenClient, a hypervisor type 1, and later install my Debian. For this I need a virtual interface, as only I have a one interface of network.
mmiat

« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 October 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

if you want to install Endian as a guest in a virtual environment you have to add a virtual network card in virtual host (e.g.: in XenClient) not in Endian

---------------------
IT Consultant
www.fsw.it
Hardware & Software
bug.0

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 October 2014, 04:54:57 pm »

Can't create a virtual network interface in XenClient, but yes in Xenserver (I only have XenClient).

I found the solution for my problem. I was only had a network interface, I believed that the only solution for this was to create of a virtual network interface. But I didn't saw that in the assistant for configuration the red network there was an option that permitted appoint the gateway as red network.

Sorry for this fail for wasting your time, I was blind with create a virtual network interface :/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.