Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 20 April 2024, 09:13:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

CLICK HERE for the The official Endian Roadmap and Issue tracker
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Endian Firewall Weird issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endian Firewall Weird issue  (Read 5903 times)
fdimitri

« on: Friday 26 September 2014, 10:07:04 am »

Hello experts,

Well, i'm facing a very weird problem, this is the third day i'm tryting to solve it.

I work in a company that have endian firewall in all their filials, and three days ago i started to configure a new one.

I installed endian firewall in a Dell Optiplex 330, it installed ok.

My green interface is configured with the standard IP 192.168.0.15/24 but when i try to ping it doesn't reply my echo requests.

When i try to ping from firewall to network it doesn't work also, so i tried to install it in another computer an Optiplex 360 and i got the same issue. So i tried this time in an Optiplex 380 and the same thing happened.

I can't acess the manegement URL, it doenst respond pings requests, Seems it's isolated.

So this morning without any advice started to respond for my pings and i was capable to access the endian configurarion URL in the address 192.168.0.15.

So when i shutdown the computer and installed in the new filial, the same problem started again. I can't access the URL, cant ping. It's isolated again.

I tried in 3 different machines, tried to change the Network Interfaces, the switch and i wasn't capable to solve it.

Can someone try to help me to understand what is going on?

I dont have more ideas.

Thank you very much.

Regards.
juddyjacob

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 October 2014, 05:32:38 pm »

It sounds like the network interface is not compatible with Endian, but if you can ping it on the initial install, and can only not access the server after the config is imported, remove  /etc/businfotab from /usr/lib/efw/backup/include.system. Run the backup and re-import the new config
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.