Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 08:22:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Get the new Updates directly from Endian  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  I MUST CLEAR PROXY WEB CACHE EVERY DAY
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I MUST CLEAR PROXY WEB CACHE EVERY DAY  (Read 10700 times)
ensozh

« on: Tuesday 15 July 2014, 01:56:37 am »

Dear

This time I need your help with the following:

I have a Non transparent proxy on my Endian 2.5.2 Kernel 2.6.32.43-57.e48.i586, It used to work fine but recently my user can not acces to the internet until I clear the cache's proxy on Proxy->Cache Mahagement->Clear Proxy.

It has become a problem because I must do it everyday and sometimes workers are on saturday or sunday and I can not take these days free.

Any suggestion?
juddyjacob

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 September 2014, 04:02:03 pm »

It might not be a cache issue at all, If your proxy is also using the havp module "antivirus" or content filtering "dansguardian" you might have an outdated file or possibly  maybe even a corrupt or incomplete file. I would first update the dansguardian rules, and havp rules. Also I hate to make Endian sound kinda fluky but I have seen it act different depending on the schedule you have set the updates for "daily, weekly, monthly, ect" I use monthly on mine, as in my experience It just seems to work best. Probably because if there "are" any bugs in the update, it is normally sorted before mine installs the updates.  Hope this helps.
ensozh

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 September 2014, 09:48:53 am »

Thanks a lot Juddyjacob.

In fact I have disabled antivirus and everything is running ok but now I have a risk issue, so please would you explain to me how should I update dansguardian or antivirus manually so I can test if this is the solution?
juddyjacob

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 September 2014, 03:38:19 pm »

The simpilist way is to go to the services tab in the gui, select antivirus engine on the left. On this page you can set the update schedules, as well as update the rules manually.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.