Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 09:44:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  is 3.0 stable?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is 3.0 stable?  (Read 24639 times)
nico

« on: Friday 11 April 2014, 06:58:16 pm »

I'm a bit confused about EFW 3.0 (community): is this considered a 'stable' release, good for production use or is this a 'development' release?   In general 'development' releases tend to be 'beta' meaning they may still contain mayor issues and may change anytime. 
It doesn't seem logical having to select the 'development' branch to be able to run the latest 'stable' version.

dda

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 April 2014, 08:31:13 am »

I use it without any issues.  I have one zone, I don't use the vpn part of the product and I use ldap authentication with both pop3 and smtp proxying.
Neo

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 July 2014, 04:04:48 pm »

Well, if you look at the release notes, you will find that there have been some changes to Bleeding Edge ever since it's release but I have used it in a few production sites and have not had issues to this point. I guess it all boils down to the features that you want to implement but most core functionality seems quite solid so take a chance. The good thing is that you can do inplace upgrades now so if you need to adopt a later stable version, you will not have to redo everything.

Good luck.
mmiat

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 July 2014, 05:47:48 pm »

I don't understand, I think that some updates are available, but if I try efw-upgrade nothing changes. So, are there o aren't updates? Or are they available only for non-community versions?

---------------------
IT Consultant
www.fsw.it
Hardware & Software
andersonlugo

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 July 2014, 10:19:57 pm »

Hi! i've configured endian as a firewall and transparent proxy and all seemed to work well since some days ago, now when i try to connect to host.caracasvpn.com an Venezuela provider i can't because the proxy gives me this message: (110) error connection timed out, but if i turn off the proxy it works, i have cleaned the cache and also turned off and then on the proxy, also restarted endian but with the proxy on the page doesn't work...why?
nico

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 July 2014, 09:54:49 pm »

Hi! i've configured endian as a firewall and transparent proxy and all seemed to work well since some days ago, now when i try to connect to host.caracasvpn.com an Venezuela provider i can't because the proxy gives me this message: (110) error connection timed out, but if i turn off the proxy it works, i have cleaned the cache and also turned off and then on the proxy, also restarted endian but with the proxy on the page doesn't work...why?

This has nothing to do with the initial request. You should post your question as a new topic in the relevant category.  I don't think you will get many replies here.
Ramjet

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 October 2014, 05:51:59 am »

I don't understand, I think that some updates are available, but if I try efw-upgrade nothing changes. So, are there o aren't updates? Or are they available only for non-community versions?

I agree and I am just as confused. I have recently upgraded a Developement Env EFW using efw-upgrade -s and it appears that I can only get to the latest Development Release for the Community Edition. So I was told to Download the ISO and do a complete build up from scratch to get to the latest version 3.0 Stable Community Release and the only ISO I can find is the same Development 3.0 version.

Can someone please answer this very simple / easy question with a qualified yes or no?

Is there, either through efw-upgrade or ISO download, any EFW 3.X Community media that I can get that is actually stamped "Stable" or anything other than Development?

If the answer is "yes" please provide a URL where one might find that media.

My apologies if i just completely misunderstood that the Community Edition (which has worked very well for me) will only ever be Development titled. I am posting the above because I have been told by folks Sr. to me that 3.X Stable has been released and that i should be able to get a copy of it. I don't think this is the case for Community Edition.

Many thanks in advance, Roger
Timmeh

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 31 December 2014, 12:04:48 am »

Community edition is always labelled as development. There are two branches one which has active development work and another which the community edition is built from, the branch which community edition is built from is frozen from additional work.

The iso you download is bleeding edge or development, it's the closest to stable as you're going to get with free software
phqr58

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 14 January 2015, 12:10:38 pm »

three months ago I installed 3.0 endian developer community from zero and is stable, what I need to solve is PROXY https: //

be careful not to duplicate websites in the proxy, because it can stop the squid. eg do not put
microsoft.com
.microsoft.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 19 queries.