Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 12:46:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Get the new Updates directly from Endian  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Hardware Support
| | |-+  NC365T 4 network port on only 1 card
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NC365T 4 network port on only 1 card  (Read 30689 times)
ehermouet

« on: Friday 17 February 2012, 12:45:28 am »

HI all,

i want to install endian on HP dl120 g6, but we want 5 nic connection. so the only mean is use NC365T (4 nzetwork card on only 1 card)

Endian support this hardware ?

Tks advance
mrkroket

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 February 2012, 01:23:44 pm »

I use quad and dual port Intel Gigagit cards. No problems so far. I usually have 100 days uptime, without a glitch.
My uptime usually goes down due to power outage.
But I haven't used those.
ehermouet

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 March 2012, 07:32:13 pm »

I use quad and dual port Intel Gigagit cards. No problems so far. I usually have 100 days uptime, without a glitch.
My uptime usually goes down due to power outage.
But I haven't used those.

tks for your reply,
can you said me the SKU of the intel card please ?
derick@replic8.co.bw

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 September 2015, 05:24:26 pm »

Very late reply, but my experience was that Endian by default does not pick up multiport NICs. I tried this with an HP NC365T, and no port was picked up. lspci -vv did show the hardware, but that's essentially where it stopped.

On further investigation, it turned out that the HP NC365T uses an Intel chipset (82580 in this case). Not to delve too much into the details, but Intel provides Linux drivers for these cards. Problem is you need to compile it, and as we know, Endian ships without any compilers...
Luckily for us, the friendly people at Endian addressed just this very issue, but it is difficult to get to the solution if you don't know exactly what you need to search for.

Intel multiport NIC chipsets use a driver called igb. Now if you do some digging, you'll see that the igb drivers are on Endian, BUT they're way too old. If you go to this URL, you'll be able to find the drivers you need, as well as straightforward instructions on how to install them (replace * with tt): h**p://jira.endian.com/browse/CORE-629

Note that it's a JIRA system, so you will likely need to create a login first.

I struggled for about a week until I stumbled upon that JIRA post. Implementing the solution took about 5 minutes in total, and our Endian implementation has been running fine ever since. All NICs are being picked up and working just fine.
Jamesaxoto

« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 May 2017, 10:26:18 pm »

Every time I use my USB Sound Card on my PS4 it sounds low and it makes a static noise. Are their any solutions to that?
Davesworld

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 July 2017, 02:04:44 pm »

Every time I use my USB Sound Card on my PS4 it sounds low and it makes a static noise. Are their any solutions to that?

Not from Endian there aren't.
Atmotmefe

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 31 October 2017, 09:12:31 am »

Yes, I have a problem with the USB connection. Unstable and often shuts down completely. What are your parameters for the USB port: even, xon/xoff, etc.?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.